Adapted from: A house in the Hills
for the rice:
1 1/2 cups Brown (preferably brown)
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup currants
1/8 cup shredded coconut
for the roasted vegetables:
1 medium egg plant
1/2 head of cauliflower
for the spinach:
5 cups spinach
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the rice:
– rinse rice and add to rice cooker
– add coconut milk, water, currants
– let the rice cooker do it’s magic. when cooked, fluff with a fork.
For the roasted vegetables:
– Preheat over to 325 degrees
– Peel the eggplant, chop all vegetables into 1″ pieces and toss in Siracha (adjust amount to your own taste preferences, and you can add a little more after roasting as well.
– Roast for 20-30 minutes, until vegetables are soft!
– Add salt (or not, depending on the brand of Harissa that you used- some have salt added, some do not), and additional Harissa if you’d like
– Give the vegetables a good squeeze of lime juice before serving
For the sauteed spinach:
– Thoroughly rinse and dry the spinach
– Add coconut oil to a non stick pan with crushed garlic, sauté for one minute over medium low heat
– Add spinach, mix with garlic oil and sautee until spinach is wilted.
– Season with fresh cracked pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice
The avocado is amazing with a fresh squeeze of lime juice