Makes 3 servings
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half length-wise, insides removed (colors of choice)
- Cauliflower rice
- 1.5 cups water
- ½ large yellow onion, finely chopped (about 2.5 cups chopped onion)
- 1 small-medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
Adapted from: The Roasted Root
- Prepare Cauliflower rice
- Bake Butternut squash until done ( 400 degree for 30-45 minutes)
- Saute the yellow onion with vegetable broth. Then add cumin, coriander, garlic powder. Stir and sauté then add butternut squash for a few minutes to mix with seasonings.
- When rice is finished ,add the rice and the chopped spinach to the skillet with the butternut squash, mix all together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the bell peppers length-wise, remove their insides and place cut-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven, flip them over (cut-side up) and stuff them with the stuffing, loading them up to the max (you may have a little leftover butternut squash stuffing).
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 7 minutes then remove and serve with your favorite meal!