6-8 johnathan apples
1 cup of sugar – I used In the Raw Sugar Cane
1 Tbl almond flour
1 Tbl cinnamon
1. Slice up the apples
2. Mix the sugar (you could try honey), flour and cinnamon with the apples.
3. Mix it together and place in Gluten Free Pie Crust
11/4 C almond flour
2/3 C gluten free oat flour
2/3 tapioca flour
1/2 teff flour
1/2 Arrowroot flour/starch
1/4 C sweet rice flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
5 Tbl coconut butter
1 large egg
6-8 Tbl ice cold water
1. Mix almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, teff flour and arrowroot. Add in xanthan gum and mix.
2. Add in small pieces of butter until well mixed. Original recipe recommends freezing and grating the butter.
3. Combine egg with 3 Tbl ice cold water and whisk together. Add this to the dough and mix with hands or with a spatula. You may add some water if the dough feels too dry. It should feel a little sticky. Place the dough in a bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. This recipe will make 2 crusts so split it in half and roll it out to your desired thickness.
5. Add pie filling of choice.
2 cans of coconut milk
3 cups of almond mild
1 cup of honey
3 egg yokes
2 Tbl vanilla
What to do:
Mix 1 cup of almond milk with the egg yokes in a large saucepan. Whisk continuously over medium heat until it begins to steam. NO BOILING. Stir the remaining ingredients into the saucepan. Chill for about an hour or until you are ready to use. Place it into the ice cream maker and let it do the work!
Last week we started hosting a Bible Study at our home. We decided each couple would bring a snack each week. This was finally my opportunity to try out all the dessert recipes I have accumulated. I try not to keep sweet stuff in the house because if it is there I will eat it. Even though I modify things to make them a little healthier most sweets I have a hard time considering “healthy”. But now I have an excuse to try them out!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine quinoa, almond butter, honey, and oats in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low/medium speed, combine ingredients well.
- Tip: Allow the quinoa to cool before mixing it in.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scoop and mold dough into round, tablespoon-sized cookies.
- Place cookies on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until bottoms are nicely browned.
This was my version of No BAKE cookies. They are Tanners favorite so I decided to test them. He thought they where pretty good. Not the same but he said he would eat them again. In fact, when I said I was taking the leftovers to work he was sad and ended up taking some to his work as well!