This recipe went over great when we had company this last week. The 3 collage age boys devoured it! I hope you enjoy it too!
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning or seasoning of choice
- 2 15 oz. cans, black beans cooked
- 12 oz. fresh salsa
- Optional garnishes: cilantro.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, chili powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the minced onion, taco seasoning, black beans and fresh salsa over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
Adapted from: http://delishknowledge.com/